UPDATE ON CORONAVIRUS MEASURES 30/3/2020
All arrivals from overseas will be quarantined in hotels to prevent people flouting the 14-day self-isolation rule.
National Cabinet agreed to limit both indoor and outdoor gatherings to two persons only. Exceptions to this limit include:
- People of the same household going out together;
- Funerals – a maximum of 10 people;
- Wedding – a maximum of 5 people;
- Family units.
Individual states and territories may choose to mandate and/or enforce this requirement.
For the latest media releases and announcements from the Prime Minister, head to this page.
The following exceptions to closures of hospitality businesses apply:
– Bottle shops – retail bottle shops and the off-licence operations of licensed premises – further clarification is being sought in relation to how this applies to Hotels;
– Accommodation – the accommodation section of hotels, motels and resorts;
– Restaurants/Cafes – takeaway and home delivery
A copy of the Prime Minister’s statement on this issue can be accessed here.
As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve we encourage you to stay up-to-date with the latest information from the relevant authorities. A heat map with the latest data on the number of cases globally and in Australia is available here.