Over the past weeks, Tourism Australia has been working to re-enter the domestic marketing space as part of the national bushfire recovery effort. Today Tourism Australia has launched the start of a domestic campaign, Holiday Here This Year. The campaign taps into the overwhelming goodwill and support behind the bushfire recovery by urging Australians to travel in their own backyard this year. Backed by all the states and territories, it provides a unified platform to galvanise the entire tourism industry and Australians at large, with an immediate call to action to holiday in Australia, and to lean in and support the recovery.
#HolidayHereThisYear is the first of a package of measures that will be rolled out over the coming weeks and months to help Australian tourism rebuild and recover. The Campaign Toolkit, FAQs and media release are attached.
Within your properties and groups, we encourage you to:
- Share the dedicated corporate page with your HODs and fellow industry colleagues this includes a succinct video from Pip Harrison outlining the allocation of spend and a brief intro to #HolidayHereThisYear
- Share the dedicated consumer page with your team, encouraging their next trip or leave be a #HolidayHereThisYear
- Feel free to get creative and produce collateral with the help of the campaign toolkit to get the message in your staff room, on noticeboards, in rooms as well as your restaurants and bars
- Share the link https://www.facebook.com/SeeAustralia/videos/2693645187390469/ and #HolidayHereThisYear on your properties and brands social channels
- Join the Facebook event and engage with this posts by commenting and sharing photos and information about your business
- Share the logo (attached) on your personal channels with the #HolidayHereThisYear hashtag
- If you’re going on leave, use this message as your out of office: ‘Hi, I am currently taking a #HolidayHereThisYear to support the Australian tourism industry. If your request is urgent, please contact XXX’
Individually we encourage you to:
- Share the dedicated consumer page with family and friends and remind them that “We are open for business” and to #HolidayHereThisYear
- Share the link https://www.facebook.com/SeeAustralia/videos/2693645187390469/ and #HolidayHereThisYear on your personal social channels and request your family and friends share your post
- Share pictures from your last holiday in Australia, overlay the attached logo and #HolidayHereThisYear
We encourage you to interact, engage and share this campaign it is imperative for our industry to act now as work to rebuild our communities relies on our sector. There is still a Business Events and International Visitors campaigns to be released and we will ensure members are updated as the information develops. In the meantime, should you have any recent social posts that include clear blues and great views please feel free to tag “Tourism Accommodation Australia” across LinkedIn and Twitter and we will share across our channels.
More information will be shared as it develops.