Policy and Representation
First and foremost we are here to represent our members.
Our aim is to deliver tangible outcomes to your sector that improve the business environment in which you operate. We act on issues affecting our industry to make sure that you have the opportunity to reach your full potential by:
- Ensuring our industry is represented on the Migration Agenda to address skill shortage.
- Working with Government to deliver a nationally recognised training that delivers relevant skills to the industry.
- Representation on the Labour & Skills Working committee and Service Skills Australia.
- Provide input and consultation to the Review of Regulatory Burdens and Review of permanent employer sponsored visa category.
- Meeting and briefing Government on issues affecting hotels
Industrial Relations Advice and Advocacy
Providing up to date information and education to ensure your business remains compliant
Direct access to our highly regarded in-house legal services team for advice on industrial relations and licensing matters inclusive of unfair dismissal, awards and wages rates.
- Free Workplace Relations Advice
- Workplace Relations Consulting Services
- Workplace Relations Tools and Templates
- Regular seminars to educate on legislative changes
Training & Education
TAA (NSW) is a Registered Training Organisation that is able to deliver nationally recognised training. We help your business comply with legislation and provide your staff with the skills they need to help you succeed. Funding is often available. We provide you with a 10-20% discount on legislated practical and relevant training for your industry including
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Safe Food Handling and Food Safety Supervisors Certification
- First Aid
- OHS Consultation
We also run a series of seminars throughout the year on topical issues:
- Social Media
- Legal Updates
- Industrial Relations
- Economic Updates
- Hotel Market Outlook
News & Industry Updates
Members are kept informed of industry issues, information and trends via our TAA NSW e-newsletter, Member Update, our quarterly TAA & AHA Partner EDMs, Supplier Inform and monthly member magazine, Hotel News.
Free access to monthly research reports which cover the demand and supply picture in the city, leisure and business events, the impact of any crisis and the economic factors that impact on Occupancies, ADR and RevPAR for each month.
Regular Boardroom and Corporate Partner lunches and networking events with key leaders of the tourism industry in New South Wales, such as the Minister for Tourism & Events, the CEO City of Sydney, CEO of Sydney Airport and the CEO Destination NSW.
Annual Salary Survey
Free access to the Annual Hotel Salary Survey which has over 10 years of historical data and is a valuable tool for benchmarking your wages with the industry.
Discounts on Workers Compensation Premiums
Discounts of up to 7.5% on workers compensation premiums are available to members through Hotel Employers Mutual Limited (HEM), our exclusive hospitality insurer formed in partnership with Employers Mutual. HEM has the only specialised license for workers compensation in the hospitality sector and also provides a one-stop shop for advice and services.
Annual Tourism Accommodation NSW Awards for Excellence
The Tourism Accommodation NSW Awards for Excellence are recognised as the most prestigious hospitality and tourism awards, honouring the achievement of excellence in a wide range of categories in the accommodation industry.