Policy and Representation
First and foremost we are here to represent our members. Our aim – to deliver tangible outcomes to your sector that improve the business environment in which you operate. We act on issues affecting your industry to make sure you have the opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ensuring your industry is represented on the migration agenda with key jobs recognised to address skill shortage.
- Working with government to deliver a nationally recognised training that delivers relevant skills to the industry. Representation on the Labour& Skills Working committee and Service Skills Australia.
- Provide input and consultation to the Review of Regulatory Burdens and Review of permanent employer sponsored visa category.
- Meeting and briefing government on issues affecting hotels i.e. the car parking levy, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre development; funding for Business Events Sydney, funding for events and airport access issues.
Industrial Relations Advice and Advocacy
Providing up to date information and education to ensure your business remains compliant
Direct access to our highly regarded in-house legal services team for advice on industrial relations and licensing matters inclusive of unfair dismissal, awards and wages rates.
- FREE workplace relations advice simply call
- Regular information updates
- Workplace Relations Consulting Services
- Workplace Relations Tools and Templates
- Regular seminars to educate on legislative changes
In 2011 we were the only accommodation industry association who secured funding through the WorkCover NSW WorkCover Assist Program to run hospitality specific seminars on the new work health and safety legislation which will commence on 1 January 2012.
Training & Education
TAA (NSW) is a Registered Training Organisation that is able to deliver nationally recognised training. We help your business comply with legislation and provide your staff with the skills they need to help you succeed. Funding is often available. We provide you with a 10-20% discount on legislated practical and relevant training for your industry including
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Safe Food Handling and Food Safety Supervisors Certification
- First Aid
- OHS Consultation
We also run a series of seminars throughout the year on topical issues:
- Social Media
- Legal Updates
- Industrial Relations
- Briefing on events such as Crave, Vivid, Sydney Festival
- Economic Updates
- Hotel Market Outlook
In 2011 we formed a partnership with an internationally recognised trainer provider to deliver a range of online hotel-specific training courses in 2012.
News & Industry Updates
Through our regular email newsletters, Member Bulletins and monthly member magazine Hotel News, we keep you informed of industry issues, information and trends.
Free access to monthly research reports which cover the demand and supply picture in the city, leisure and business events, the impact of any crisis and the economic factors that impact on Occupancies, ADR and RevPAR for each month.
Monthly Boardroom lunches with many of the key leaders of the tourism industry in New South Wales such as the Minister for Tourism & Events, the CEO City of Sydney, CEO of Sydney Airport and the CEO Destination NSW.
Planning forums for members to assist in working more closely with Destination NSW, Business Events Sydney and Business Events Australia. A Communications Working Group for Directors of Sales & Marketing to manage adverse media issues and drive more positive media exposure.
Annual Salary Survey
Free access to the Annual Hotel Salary Survey which has over 10 years of historical data and is a valuable tool for benchmarking your wages with the industry.
Discounts on Workers Compensation Premiums
Discounts of up to 7.5% on workers compensation premiums are available to members through Hotel Employers Mutual Limited (HEM), our exclusive hospitality insurer formed in partnership with Employers Mutual. HEM has the only specialised license for workers compensation in the hospitality sector and also provides a one-stop shop for advice and services.
Annual Awards for Excellence
The Accommodation Awards for Excellence is recognised as the premier industry awards in NSW recognising excellence in accommodation product, people and services.